Thursday 24 May 2012

The Body Shop Products Review

Here are my thoughts on some of the products I've tried from The Body Shop.

Tea Tree Toner
When I first used this on my face it had a really strong burning sensation, but as I used it a few more times the burning feeling went away. I love this toner ! I'm onto my 2nd bottle now and will continue purchasing. I use this every night after cleansing my face and I feel like it helped my skin improve. 

Seaweed Clarifying Toner
I have to say this has a VERY strong fragrance smell to it and im not too fond of that. My skin did not do well with it, it caused some irritation after I applied this. Disappointed in this, since I heard good reviews on it :(

Aloe Calming Toner
I really like this toner! theres almost no scent to this and it truly calms my skin and causes no irritations. This is a really basic toner if anyone is looking into one. I usually use this in the morning after I wash my face with water to remove any residue from the night before.

Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish
This is a gentle exfoliator with an orangey scent. This caused my skin to feel really tight and dry afterwards, which I did not like and I felt it wasn't doing its job well in getting rid of the dead skin cells. I would pass on this.

Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash
This bottle is huge! and it will probably last me for a very long time, since i only use this once or twice a week. This makes your skin feel so soft afterwards and when applying it on your face you you will feel a tingly/minty sensation which feels really nice :). However, it doesn't do anything for my blemishes, its more like a basic cleanser. Overall good product for $11


Vitamin E Moisture Cream
Love this moisturizer! its light and easy to apply and it absorbs into my skin nicely. I use this during the daytime and night time and it works great both way. My only complaint is how its in a tub and that i have to dip my fingers in all the time


Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream
I used to use this until I switched over to the Vitamin E moisture cream, because this felt too thick for my skin and it felt really greasy and clogged up my pores. This may work for people with extremely dry skin.

Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion
I used to use this until it got too pricey for me since it only contains 30ml and I would have to purchase a new one every 3 months. But regardless this was an excellent product for those with troubled skin! This helped my skin so much!. 

Vitamin E Eye Cream
Would not recommend this eye cream. It did nothing for my dark circles except moisturize them.

Tea Tree Oil
I use this with my moisturizer during the night time by adding 2 drops and mixing them together. This is my new alternative to the blemish fade night lotion. Works great, but there are probably cheaper ones at drugstores for a bigger bottle.


1 comment:

  1. I love browsing around in the Body Shop, but none of their produts are my favorite go-to products! My few favorites are the Body Butters and the Vitamin E Cream!
    Have you tried their makeup?

    ReplyDelete